ALMA: African Language Materials Archive
audio, documents, human rights charters, music, newspapers, plays, poetry, storytelling, teaching materials, and videos
more than 20 African languages!
Jan. 2022: We recently added new videos for 15 artists to the Language of African Music section. 14 of the artists are new to ALMA.
- Abdoulsalam Mamoudou Hausa
- Aklampa King’s Court Fongbe
- Alhassene Ahmed Alhakib Tamasheq
- Aroudeini and Ghalitane Tamasheq
- Bante Hunter’s Society Nago
- Fatimata Barka Tamasheq
- Groupe Tinni Bio Nya Songhai
- Halarou Alou Hausa
- Hwegbe Fongbe
- Kinwou Fongbe
- Kpele Kabiru of Toui Nago
- Mahaman Sani Maigurmi Hausa
- Nago Folktales of Bante Nago
- Tanyemba Gulmancema
- Veronique Agbadahou Nago
Read texts from many languages & different writing systems
Listen to oral histories of African women
Hear first-person stories from Africans in the diaspora
Experience audio and video of over 40 African musicians and groups.
Learn about this project to improve the accessibility of human rights charters.
Discover the work of this Hausa Theater Icon from the Republic of Niger.